List Toward the Perfect One
While I was lying around in bed with my phone in my face (typical Sunday), I saw this trending on YouTube about a girl finding her perfect match by making a list out of what she’s looking for in a guy, and so I went ahead and checked this video presented by Glamour Magazine since it has been there in my trending for weeks.
At first I was doubtful about it, but I was a bit inspired in the middle of my boredom to write my own list. However, before I started, I looked for some inspirations about how I should write my list, and I stumbled upon this story in Oprah’s site about a woman called Alice Gorman finding ‘the one’ that missed only two out of a hundred qualities that she listed in a paper.
Even more inspired by this, I immediately set my mind upon writing a hundred qualities of the man I’m looking for in the hope for someone actually making it into the list.
- Religious Beliefs: A practicing Muslim and loves his beliefs.
- In four words: Leader, responsible, honest, spontaneous.
- Relationship type: Believe monogamy 100%
- Sunday nights are for: Netflix and chill.
- Foreign or domestic: Foreign is preferable, but domestic is fine.
- Ideal age: No older than 25.
- Perfect date: Spontaneous road trip in the middle of nowhere.
- Body type: Healthy.
- Expert or Generalist: Expert in what he does.
- Beach house or country house: I actually had to google this and decided I prefer comfortable, cozy, country house. Beaches only make me feel restricted because I can’t go out and pose in a bikini.
- Mommy issues: No, absolutely not. He must love his mom.
- Dietary restriction: Doesn’t eat anything that’s forbidden in Islam, but he can be vegetarian. Vegan, not so much.
- Wants kids? Yes, but not until I’m ready to bear children. He must be considerate.
- Does he cook? He has to try.
- Drinking habits? No alcohol, soda is tolerable, coffee is a yes.
- Cats or Dogs? Cats, though only because religious reasons. If he wants to appreciate pugs or huskies or golden retrievers, that is completely acceptable.
- Inked? No.
- Sarcastic? The funnier the better, as long as it’s humorous and positive
- Who’s prettier? Him, hahaha.
- He shouldn’t be: An anti-social and a smoker.
- Confidence from 1-10? 11
- Chivalry is…? A must!
- Man? Woman? Either? Man.
- Likes your job? Yes, he must support my job and dream to the fullest
- Has he ever cheated? As long as he’s a changed man, it’s tolerable.
- His turns on: Intelligence and confidence
- Takes charge or takes orders? He MUST take charge, and he has to earn my heart to make me want to be charged by him.
- Furry or smooth? Facial hair, yes. Chest hair, no. Legs or arms, why not.
- Times for work? As long as he’s free on weekends and makes time for me.
- No shorter than: Me
- Selfies: Not so much on his own, but taking lots are nice if with family or friends.
- Hair style: Either short or long, messy mid-length hair is a meh.
- Multi-lingual: Yes, especially English. Arabic is fine, too.
- Views: Open-minded and willing to try new things.
- Credits? Good, he must be willing to study and well educated. It shows that he is serious and understands about wanting to make a good life for his own by working hard to achieve good things
- Night owl or early bird? Doesn’t matter as long as he gets up for Fajr and sleeps after Isha.
- What’s his style? Clean, acceptable for social events, and wear clothes that is actually his size. One thing he can’t wear is something that shows of his thigh or knees when going out.
- Hobbies? Anything is fine, but writing, reading, or outdoor activity is much more preferable (running, hiking, et cetera)
- First weekend away? Outbond, definitely.
- Degree? Let’s work together towards PhD before 30.
- Clean or Messy? Clean and organized.
- Politics? Gets the hang of it
- He should…? Understand Harry Potter, always communicate, and be early or on-time
- Sport? He sweats regularly and is willing to go for a run on holidays or weekends
- Art? Can appreciate creativity and musical theater
- Job? Anything that he loves doing instead of being forced into doing
- Family matters? Totally, I’m looking for a guy who has a big farm fuzzy family that can go on trips together
- No-no #1? Not religious
- No-no #2? Me having to take charge over him
- No-no #3? A pessimist who doesn’t have a dream. Dreaming big is attractive, and him working to make his dream come true is even more attractive.
And there you go! 50 things I look for in a guy, comment if you know anyone–no, just kidding.
Special thanks to Glamour Magazine for the questions that I nicked from ‘The Perfect One’ video. Looking forward for more episodes!